The Heartbeat of 2nd Half Ministry
The vision of the YBL 2nd Half Ministry is to mobilize, minister to, and multiply men who use their life experiences, time, and resources to impact God’s Kingdom locally, nationally and internationally.
Joshua 14:6-12 Psalms 71:17,18 Psalms 92:14
Job 42:12 “And the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginnings.”
The 2nd Half Ministry Strategy:
- Create an army of volunteers for:
- Mentoring others
- Specific projects in the city
- Resources for the Kingdom
- Mission projects in the States and abroad
- Finding our passion, calling
- Identify gifts, experiences
- Identify needs in ministries, organizations
- Match them
- Actively prepare for the 2nd half
*Actively pursue the 2nd half
- Small groups, support groups all over the city
- By churches
- By industries, work experience
- By commonalities (work out places, country clubs, hobbies)
- Care for each other
- Prayer and Bible study
- Be involved in each other’s lives
- Deal with issues we face: health, self-identity, aging, parents, death, finances, care-givers
- Reach out to those who don’t know Christ
*They have the same issues, same needs, less time to come to our Savior
- Spawn small group leaders from our support groups.
- Create on ramps for more people and non-believers to come
- Partner with other ministries, our city leaders and other non-profit organizations
- Take it to other cities as God directs us
- Be a part of a movement to bring God’s Kingdom on earth as it is in heaven
- Complete the drill – FINISH WELL!
2nd Half Ministry Director
Phil came to Birmingham in 1984 at the invitation of Briarwood Presbyterian Church, Young Business Leaders. After spending his post college years working for Campus Crusade for Christ, and meeting his wife Anne, Phil and his family tackled the task of growing the 3 year old organization. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, a Master’s of Divinity and Master’s of Religious Education from Birmingham Theological Seminary. Phil is a graduate of the University of Georgia and enjoys his permanent underdog status in the state of Alabama. He has two daughters, Catherine and Ginny, and enjoys playing golf in his free time.
Sign Up For Our Enewsletter
Get our latest news about events, resources and everything going on at YBL Birmingham!